-->

Chelsea's Alvaro Morata sorry for substitution anger, gets Conte's backing

Chelsea's Alvaro Morata sorry for substitution anger, gets Conte's backing


Chelsea striker Alvaro Morata has apologised for his furious reaction to being substituted in Thursday's.

Morata was visibly angry when coach Conte withdrew him on 71 minutes, shouting and gesticulating at Burnley supporters behind the dugout before throwing his boots to the floor.

But Morata took to Twitter to explain after the game, saying he was still frustrated after failing to find the net in a gilt-edged chance shortly before Burnley levelled the score at 1-1.




"I want to apologize for my reflexion when I was sent to the bench, when I fail I get really angry with myself," he wrote.

Moses secured three points for the Blues two minutes before Morata was replaced, and Conte said Morata's miss had no impact on his substitution.

"No, honestly," Conte said. "Around 70 minutes I thought that it was better to put fresh strength with [Eden] Hazard. He is a player that has different characteristics to Morata. I am pleased for their performances, they [both] played very well."

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel


Share This